Doodh Poha/Rice Flakes In Milk#SundayFunday

I love to have a warm, balanced and healthy breakfast. Doodh Poha is one of those easy, quick healthy breakfast to make. Doodh is milk,  Poha is rice flakes. This is a delicacy from the Guajarati and Maharastrian  cuisine, which is a satisfying warm breakfast. 

Serves 2 - 3
Cup 250Ml
Ingredients

500Ml Milk
¼ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Poha/ Rice Flakes
A Pinch Cardamom Powder
A Pinch Saffron Strands
Dry Fruits as per your choice
I used Almond, Pistachios, Figs, Raisins, Apricots

Method 
Wash the poha and drain it in a strainer and keep aside.

In a large sauce pan, boil the milk , when it boils let it simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the sugar and saffron strands, stir till sugar melts. Switch off the flame, add the washed and drained poha. Stir it add rest of the ingredients and let it sit till warm. 
Serve into individual bowls and add the chopped dry fruits. Enjoy this warm, a healthy and delicious breakfast which is also light on the tummy.
Labels: Milk , Poha, Almond, Pistachios, Dried Figs, Golden Raisins, Apricots, Breakfast, Sunday Funday, Sweets & Desserts
In our today's event for Sunday Funday, wherein we share recipes our families will love to enjoy on a Sunday. I thank our host Rebekah of Making Miracles for this week's event and the theme is "Celebrate Dairy".
Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe

Happy Home-maker and culinary enthusiast.

8 comments:

  1. I love that you are always introducing me to foods and dishes I have not experienced. This looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so cozy and comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Carlee! I always learn something new from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried this one yet but definitely will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of rice flakes...your posts are always such a wealth of knowledge for me Sneha. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a must-try to me. Sounds lovely! Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love doodh poha but have not considered enjoying it for breakfast. A wonderful idea Sneha, and with all the dried fruits and nuts, it is filling and healthy.

    ReplyDelete