Orzo Pasta - How to make homemade Orzo pasta

Since we do not get Orzo pasta at here in India, I made this at home. I love making my own pasta, if you look at my blog you will see. This was very easy to make. This I made for the Libyan Cuisine - Soup with Chicken and Fresh Thyme. 


Ingredients


2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Egg
Water to knead  the dough

Method


Mix one egg with a pinch of salt, all purpose flour and add enough  water to make a nice smooth dough. Pull small bits and roll tiny rice like grains.   Keep them to dry on a plastic sheet for a day.   When dry store in a zip lock bag and use as and when required.

Boil water.  add the pasta and boil for 4 to 6 minutes, or until al dente, in salted water. Enjoy !

Labels : Pasta & Noodles, Homemade
Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe

Happy Home-maker and culinary enthusiast.

4 comments:

  1. how long can I store this for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yyou are actually a excellent webmaster. The website
    loading speed is incredible. It kind of feels that you're doing
    any distinctive trick. Also, The contents aare masterpiece.
    you have done a fantastic task in this subject!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much does this recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the recipe, pictures and encouragement, I am going to try this. I am celiac so I'm going to try with gluten free flour.

    ReplyDelete