Homemade Pasteurized Egg Mayonnaise - Keto#SuperClubSaturday

This recipe is not mine, so I am only giving the ingredients, watch the video for better understanding and details. Loved this method and idea. Since the egg yolk is pasteurized, it will last for one month in the refrigerator. Do try this recipe, it's a little tricky but worth the effort and after the success of making it, the joy is totally unexplainable! 
Recipe source watch this video to understand the method better. 

Ingredients
3 Tablespoons Water
2 Large Egg Yolks
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
1 Cup Extra Light Olive Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 Teaspoon Sweetener - I did no add

Method
The first time I made it, my mayo curdled, since I kept it in the microwave for 40 seconds. I refrigerated it, thinking that it will thicken. But the next day, I found oil floating on top. My mayo had curdled (sorry forgot to take pics). I salvaged it by taking an large egg yolk. Added a tablespoon of water and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Microwaved it for 5 seconds each time for just 17 seconds. Strained the egg mixture, added it to a clean mason jar, pulsed it twice with an immersion blender. Then pulsed the curdled mayo added it in two batches back to egg yolk and ta.. da my super thick pasteurized mayo is ready. Check your microwave heat and would suggest to keep it less time than specified in the video.  
I  did not add sweetener but my mayo is still super delicious.
This is a super thick mayonnaise
Labels: 
Preservative free, Mayonnaise, Egg, Pasteurized, Keto, Homemade, Healthy, Super Club Saturday, Dips, Spreads
Welcome to Supper Club Saturday - March 2022 
Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe

Happy Home-maker and culinary enthusiast.

1 comment:

  1. I have made aioli before with good results. Thanks for sharing Sneha.

    ReplyDelete