This post was just lying in drafts for more than a year, had forgotten about it, till the theme was decided for this month's event. These were made for one of my friend's son birthday party and all the guest loved these muffins. They loved the cherry , it gives a unique taste to the muffins. I made three batches of these muffins.
Sending these to Bread Bakers event- theme - stone fruit , Host blog: The Schizo Chef http://www.theschizochef.com/, thank you dear for hosting this event.
Recipe Source- Joy of Baking
Makes 12 muffins
1 Cup Ricotta cheese
1 Cup Buttermilk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
4 Tablespoons Butter - melted and cooled
2 Cups All Purpose flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
1.1/2 Teaspoons Baking powder
1/8 Teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt - Since I used salted butter did not add
1 Tablespoon Lemon zest
1.1/2 Cup Fresh Cherries - pitted and sliced
Melt the butter in a pan and keep aside to cool.
In a bowl, whisk the ricotta cheese and then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the buttermilk, vanilla essence, lemon juice and melted butter, mixing well. Keep aside.
In another bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon zest. Add the ricotta mixture to the flour. Mix it just until combined and then fold in the chopped cherries. Do not over mix this mixture or use the electric whisk, else the muffins will be tough when baked.
Divide the batter in the muffin cups using an ice cream scoop.
Place in the oven and bake in a preheat oven at 180 degrees for about 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Labels : Cakes, Bread Bakers, Cherry, Ricotta
Let's take a look at the other baker's..
- Apricot and Cherry Focaccia by Herbivore Cucina
- Apricot & Pistachio Buns by Baking Sense
- Apricot & Stilton Soda Bread by Baking in Pyjamas
- Apricot Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apricot Cranberry Walnut Quick Bread by Spill the Spices
- Apricot Kolaches by Food Lust People Love
- Apricot Oat Casserole Bread with Sweet Vanilla Glaze by A Salad For All Seasons
- Big Batch Bran Muffins by What Smells So Good?
- Brown Sugar and Plum Pull-Apart Bread by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cherry Bread with Streusel Topping by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cherry Ricotta Muffins by Sneha's Recipe
- Cinnamon Swirl Peach Bread by Kylee Cooks
- Dried Apricot Bread with Walnuts by The Bread She Bakes
- Eggless Mango Cardamom Walnut Quick Bread by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Eggless Mini Mango Bread by Sara's Tasty Buds
- Mango and Passionfruit Yeast Bread by Mayuri's Jikoni
- Mango Challah by Passion Kneaded
- Mango Jam Rolls with Cremé, Fresh Mangoes and Jam Filling by G'Gina's Kitchenette
- Mango Pull Apart Bread by Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Nectarine-Blueberry Muffins by A Baker's House
- Peach & Nutmeg Sweet Focaccia by The Schizo Chef
- Peach Yogurt Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Plum & Pecan Bread by I Camp in my Kitchen
- Scones with Apricot, Ginger and Brie by Palatable Pastime
- Semolina Bread with Apricots and Sage by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Peach Oatmeal Bread by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Whole Wheat Nectarine Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Wholewheat Sweet Rolls with Mango Filling by Cook's Hideout
right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.