Dill With Chana Dal & Potato#Alphabet Challenge

Dill leaves or Shepu as we call in Marathi, is a super nutritious and healthy leafy greens and it's also vegan meatless! .
This green vegetable can be prepared in many ways and can be enjoyed with rice and rotis both.

Ingredients
1 Cup Heaped Chana Dal/Gram lentil
2 Medium Potatoes - cubed
1 Large Onion - sliced
1 Teaspoon Heaped Red Chilly Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
2 - 3 Tablespoons Dill / Shepu- chopped
½ Cup Oil
1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds 
Method
Boil gram lentil with salt, chili powder, and turmeric, when gram lentil half done add potato cubes, cover and cook till potatoes tender, add soya bhaji / dill, cook for 5 minutes.
For The Tempering
Heat oil half cup, fry onion light golden and add the cumin seeds and fry then add this to the dal, mix serve with paratha.
Labels: Alphabet Challenge, Dill, Lentils, Chana Dal, Potato, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten free, Main course, Asian Cuisine
Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe

Happy Home-maker and culinary enthusiast.

6 comments:

  1. I love dill and for some reason it screams Spring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those recipe I'm excited to try! I love the addition of the dill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dill is my favourite. I usually make it with moong dal and use a much larger amount of dill to the dal. Would love to try it out with chana dal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always looking for great lentil recipes! This sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Potatoes and chickpeas make the best comfort dish but I would never have thought to add dill. I'll bet it adds a fresh bright flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds such a healthy and easy side for rice and roti, I am making this right away for dinner.

    ReplyDelete