Strawberry Sandwich Toaster Cake#BakingBloggers

Welcome to this month's event of Baking Bloggers. Baking Bloggers is a group started by Sue , in which we are given a theme  or an ingredient and  we must  bake the a recipe with it.
This month  our theme is Baking with Small Appliances. It was so much fun trying to use small appliances and baking with it.  I have used my sandwich toaster to make these soft and quick Strawberry cakes.  
Made these for evening tea and as they out of the toaster, they were vanishing.  I had force stop them not to finish all since a pic had yet to be taken.  Did not use any topping for decoration since I,  used fresh strawberries to make them and had enough of flavor , most of all there were eagle eyes waiting... to devour them.
 
Ingredients 

100 Grams Unsalted Butter  
1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Cup All Purpose Flour 

1 Teaspoon Baking powder  
1/2  Teaspoon Strawberry essence 
5 - 6 Fresh Strawberries - pureed
Pink color few drops  - optional ( did not use) 
A Pinch of Salt


Method

Sieve the flour with the  baking powder and salt. Set aside.

In a bowl, add the butter and sugar, whisk until smooth, then add the egg and beat well. Next add the essence and mix it in. Add  half of the flour mixture and strawberries gently fold it in and mix. Finally add the remaining half of the flour mixture and combine until the batter is smooth.
Brush butter or oil on both inner sides (top and bottom) of the sandwich maker, then close it and turn it on to allow it to preheat it for about 3 minutes. 
Once hot, open it and spoon the cake batter in each well until full. Then close and bake your sandwich cakes for about 3 minutes.
After which you can open and check to see if they are done.
If you want them golden on both sides flip them and keep for a minute, I did that.
 They will turn a golden brown when ready.
When you bite into them they will have a light and fluffy texture.
Labels : Sandwich Toaster, Cakes, Egg, Strawberry, Small Appliances, Baking Bloggers

My Notes:
You can use any sandwich toaster you have.

Have a look at the other recipes baked using Small Appliances:
Air Fryer Cheesy Vegetable Tart from Karen's Kitchen Stories
Crockpot Sour Cream Pound Cake from Our Good Life
Hot Chocolate Pudding from Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
Instant Pot Carrot Snack Cake from Food Lust People Love
Jam Cheesecake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Slow Cooker Reeses Cake from Cookaholic Wife
Strawberry Sandwich Toaster Cake from Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe

Happy Home-maker and culinary enthusiast.

11 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure what to expect. This is a neat little gadget. In the US, toaster ovens are small boxes (like little ovens) with a tray. Your toaster oven reminds me more of our waffle irons. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have these here too, Wendy. Saw one just the other day in Walmart. They are the best for making grilled ham and cheese sandwiches.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I think that I could use my Belgian waffle maker to make these treats. I love strawberry anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool little gadget you have! I've never seen one like that. Love your pink little cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to bake in your toastie maker, Sneha! I need to get a new one since the inside nonstick coating of mine finally got so bad that I tossed it out. When my daughters were at home it got a lot of use! I can see why your strawberry cakes were so popular. They are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an intriguing idea. I just got a small toaster oven but I've seen the inserts you used for sale and I may just have to go get one. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEST TOASTER IN INDIA Thanks for one marvelous posting! I enjoyed reading it; you are a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and may come back someday. I want to encourage that you continue your great posts, have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having trouble finding sandwitch maker price in pakistan for my home kitchen. Need one which is relaible and economical. Please suggest which brand should I be looking for?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to bake in your toastie maker.

    ReplyDelete