Hearing this name masala roti, you might think it is spicy but let me assure you that this is a flavorful and flaky roti.
2 Cups Whole wheat flour
1/2 Teaspoon Carom seeds / Ajwain
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Chaat masala
1 Teaspoon Red chilly powder
Ghee as required
Extra flour for dusting / rolling the rotis
Water as required for kneading
Water as required for kneading
Mix together wheat flour, salt and carom seeds and knead into a dough with sufficient water in to a soft dough. Cover and keep aside to rest at least for 15 minutes.
Divide the dough into equal portions and roll into balls. Dust with a little dry flour and roll into roti.
Apply little ghee on the roti, sprinkle red chilly powder, chaat masala and dry flour.
Then twist the cone and roll it into a ball see pic
Heat a tawa.
Place the roti on it and cook till the underside is done. Turn it over and cook on the other side too. Apply a little ghee on both sides and cook till golden.
Remove from tawa, sprinkle some chaat masala, hold the roti in your hands and crush it lighlty so that the layers separate. Transfer into a serving plate and serve hot with any sabzi or have with a hot cup of tea.
Sending these to Bread bakers event for the month theme Breads made on Girddle. Host blog: SpiceRoots http://www.spiceroots.com/. Thank you dear for hosting this month's event.
Here are the Griddle Breads of our group ...
- Amaranth (Rajgira) Paratha from Herbivore Cucina
- Cheese and Potato Gözleme from Cook's Hideout
- Corn Pancakes from Magnolia Days
- Cornmeal Griddle Cakes from Noshing With The Nolands
- English Muffins from La cocina de Aisha
- Fruity Hemp Seed Pancakes from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Griddle Scones from Hostess At Heart
- Homemade Corn Tortillas from Kylee Cooks
- Lachha Paratha - Indian Layered Flatbread from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Masala Poli - Spicy Potato Masala Stuffed Poli from I Camp in my Kitchen
- Masala Roti from Sneha's Recipe
- Paneer Kulchas - Griddle Fried Cottage Cheese Flatbread from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Paruppu Poorana Poli from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Peanut Butter and Apple Griddle Cakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Phool Makhana Parathas (Puffed Lotus Seeds Parathas) from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Saffron Unleavened Bread from Kidsandchic
- Satpadi - Spiced Griddle Bread from Spiceroots
- Scallion Pancakes from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Sourdough English Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Loli - Breakfast Flatbread from Food Lust People Love
- Spinach and Feta Gözleme from Spill the Spices
- Stacked Apple Arepas from The Schizo Chef
- Staffordshire Oatcakes with a Bacon & Cheese Filling from Ruchik Randhap
- Stove-Top Muffins (Diphaphata) from Wholistic Woman
- Swedish Polar Bread from G'Gina's Kitchenette
- Vitumbua (Coconut Rice Pancake Balls) from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Welsh Cakes from Passion Kneaded
- Yeast Raised Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes from Pastry Chef Online
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com
Labels : Rotis, Bread Bakers