Chinese Shrimp Wonton Soup #FishFridayFoodie


This a light 'Chinese dumpling' soup ... comforting for this cold weather. I love this clear wonton soup. 

We had this soup as a complete meal and were blissfully satisfied...mmm.. yum..

Serves 3
Ingredients

For the Filling
100 Grams Shrimps - - peeled, deveined & chopped
100 Grams Whole Shrimps - made to a coarse paste 
Wonton wrappers as required
1 Teaspoon Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 Teaspoon Sugar
¼ Teaspoon Ground Pepper
1 Spring Onion - white and greens Chopped
A pinch of Salt
For the Soup
A drizzle of Sesame Oil
1 Tablespoon Spring Onion - white chopped
1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 Teaspoon Fish sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Small Carrot - sliced in roundels
3 Button Mushrooms - cut into big pieces
1 Cup Water - from the cooked wontons
500 ML Chicken Stock - I used homemade
1/2 Teaspoon Vinegar - optional - I added
Salt to taste

For Garnishing

1 Spring Onion - chopped
1 Fresh Red Chilly - crushed or paste

Method




To make the Wontons
In a large bowl, mix shrimps chopped and the paste with green onions, fish sauce, , sesame oil and salt. Stir it until the filling becomes sticky and you get a paste texture.
Spoon  in a teaspoon of  filling,  in the center of the wrapper. Wet the edge with your finger and seal the wrapper.  Assemble the wonton one by one, keep aside.
Boil 3 -4 cups of water in pot - bring it to a rolling boil add wontons in to cook for around 3-4 minutes or unitl the wontons begin to float. Spoon them out and place them in individual serving bowls. Reserve this water for making the soup.

To Make the Soup
In a pan drizzle some sesame oil add the chopped white part of the onions fry till brown and crisp. Keep aside,

In large pot / vessel heat sesame oil add the onion, carrot, mushrooms and saute for a minute then add the chicken broth, water, fish sauce, browned onions and salt to taste. Bring it to a boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Take off flame. Add vinegar and the soup is ready.

In serving bowls, pour the soup over the wontons, garnish with spring onion and a little red chilly paste... Serve and enjoy this hot comforting soup on a cold day.... yum....

I am enjoying this ...




Sending this to Fish Friday Foodies - Hosted by Wendy Klik and Stacy Livingston Rushton - theme for chilly February - seafood stews and soups of the world.

Labels : Soup, Fish Friday, Shrimp, Wontons, Healthy, China, Chinese Shrimp Wonton Soup


Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe

Happy Home-maker and culinary enthusiast.

10 comments:

  1. I love wonton soup and these shrimp filled wontons sound absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wonton soup and yours looks chock full of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore wonton soup, Sneha! It's a real favorite for me any time of the year. I love how you cut your carrots into little flowers. Such a pretty bowl of soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely delicious to warm up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks SO delicious. Thanks for joining us for Fish Friday Foodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the ingredients in this soup! I'm looking forward to giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sneha, Wonton soups are my daughter 's and my favourite. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorites. I like that you added carrots and mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, this looks really good, and I don't even care for shrimp. I would love to try it with fish.

    ReplyDelete