Ajwaini Aloo Shimla Mirch - Carom Seeds Potato and Capsicum Sabji


I used to always watch Sanjeev Kapoor's  Khana Khazana on TV. Since I was just learning to cook after my marriage he was my saving grace. Watching his show daily on TV, use to prepare different vegetables. My daughter too became his fan. This is one recipe that I, often prepare and it turns out superb.


Recipe Source  : Sanjeev Kapoor's cook book

Ingredients:

1 Teaspoon Ajwain / Carom seeds
2 Potatoes - cut into fingers
1 Large Capsicum - cut into fingers
1 Tablespoon Oil  +
Oil for deep frying the Potato
1 Teaspoon Ginger - Garlic paste
2 Tomatoes - blended
1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon Coriander powder
1 Teaspoon Red chilli powder
1/2 Teaspoon Garam masala powder
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice

Method
In a kadai heat oil for deep frying. Add potato fingers  and deep fry till golden brown. Keep aside on paper napkin to drain off the excess oil.

In another pan heat oil, add carom seeds, ginger and garlic saute for 1 minute. Add blended tomatoes  and stir until the moisture evaporates.  Add red chilli ,turmeric ,coriander and garam masala powders and saute till oil separates.  Add capsicum and saute for 2 minutes. Add fried potatoes, salt and mix well. Cover and cook till capsicum is done but still crunchy. Finally add lemon juice and cook for a minute.Serve hot..!!  This is spicy and yet yummy, we have this with phulkas








Labels : Potato, Capsicum, CCChallenge, Vegetarian, Carom Seeds
Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe

Happy Home-maker and culinary enthusiast.

5 comments:

  1. Anything with capsicum, I am totally IN. Love this semi-gravy of capsicum-potato masala :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ajwain and always try adding it in various dishes. This recipe looks like a must-try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a beautiful dish and I can only imagine how wonderful the flavor must be with the amazing line up of spices listed in your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used ajwain in making curries. This curry looks so delicious. Will have to try it once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure this makes a wonderful side dish..

    ReplyDelete