Homemade Aam Roti/ Mango Papad#SundayFunday

Aam Papad is called Amba Vadi in Marathi, which is an Indian fruit leather made out of mango pulp, sugar and its sun dried. This is famous all over India, since mango is the King of fruits.
From my childhood and even now I, love to eat this tasty, delicious and mouth-watering roti. My hubby and daughter to love it, we just can't stop eating this. Its so easy to make, only requires a little effort in keeping it to dry for 3 to 4 days depending on the thickness and sun heat.

Ingredients
4 Cups Mango Pulp - I used ripe Alphonso
1 Cup Heaped Granulated Sugar
A Pinch Cardamom powder - optional
A Pinch of Salt

Method
Wash, peel the mangoes & cut into pieces. Blend these mango pieces into a fine paste. Pour this blended paste and sugar into a heavy bottom pan or kadai, place it on the gas flame on medium high to boil. 
After it comes to boil, reduce the flame and cook for 10 - 15 minutes more until pulp becomes thick or sticky
and reduces to half, keep stirring continuously.
Grease a steel plate or tray with clarified butter, pour the cooked mango mix in the plate and spread it out thinly.
Now keep this plate out in the sun to dry. If the sun's heat is strong then the aam roti will dry in 3 - 4 days. 
Else you can keep the plate in your room or the kitchen, you can cover the Mango Papad with a thin cloth or net. It will take 5 - 6 days. Once the Mango Papad has dried completely, first loosen it from sides and lift it with a knife. As you see in the pic, it's very thin, that I really want it. 
Turn the plate as you hold it with your hands. You can roll out this Mango Papad very easily. 
Cut it according to your desired shapes and sizes. 
I cut it into squares.  
Enjoy!!

Labels: Mango, Aam Roti, Homemade, Sunday Funday, Vegan, Gluten free  

MANGO RECIPES
Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe

Happy Home-maker and culinary enthusiast.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make this fruit leather for my Angel Face....Thanks Sneha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the kids love this! Someday I need to try making my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks AMAZING! What a tasty treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sneha I have tasted aam papdi but have not tried making it at home. Mangoes are still available here so am tempted to make it .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sneha this is one of my favourite recipe of all...I always make it a point to eat this and have it with me..Thanks for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete