Roasted Red Pumpkin Hummus - Vegan & Gluten Free#FantasticalFood

In India we get three types of Pumpkins, Ash Gourd( Petha or Winter Melon), White Pumpkin ( Lauki) and Red Pumpkin ( Lal Bhopla /Kaddu).
This Red Pumpkin Hummus is finger licking and really really super delicious. The cumin and thyme give such a earthy flavor to this hummus.  You must try this.

Makes 1 Cup
Ingredients  

½ Cup Packed Roasted Red Pumpkin Puree
½ Cup Boiled Chickpeas
2 Tablespoons 
Tahini Paste - Homemade
1 Clove Garlic
A Tablespoon of Lemon juice or according to taste

2 Tablespoons Olive oil
½ Teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
¼ Teaspoon Roasted Cumin powder
Salt to taste
A Dash of Smoked Paprika

Method

Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut the pumpkin into small cubes, and place them on a baking tray. I roasted 500 grams of  pumpkin, with the peel,  with just a drizzle of oil to grease  the tray and the pumpkin. 
Roast them for about 30 to 35 minutes. See they are perfectly done.
Once the pumpkin is done  I used ½ cup of puree packed. 
In a blender add all the ingredients  and blend until smooth.  Remove this on to a bowl, 
drizzle olive oil and sprinkle  of smoked paprika.  Enjoy
This hummus is soo..oo addictive. You just can’t stop eating it , felt sorry for make such a small quantity .  Will make this again. Had it  this for lunch.. so delicious!
Lables : Oven Roasted, Red Pumpkin, Hummus, Chickpea, Tahini, Thyme, Fantastical Food Fight, Chutneys & Dips, International Cuisine, Vegan, Gluten free, Healthy
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe

Happy Home-maker and culinary enthusiast.

5 comments:

  1. I guess I'm going to have to run out and buy another pumpkin before they're all gone!!! This looks amazing!!! Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I need to try this! I wonder if this would be the equivalent of our normal pumpkin or more of one of the many squash varieties. I've started making my own hummus and I think this would be fun for the holidays. Came over from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. I finally got around to joining in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make this from any type of squash varieties Karen and it will have the same taste!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of pumpkin hummus. Thanks Sneha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you roasted the pumpkin. This sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete