Almond Chicken Soup#Soupswappers

Its time to share our recipe with Soup Saturday Swappers today for which I am the host. The theme for this month is "Almonds".
I love this nut for all its nutrition and other benefits. I especially crave for the salted ones, these are tempting and can munch on them non stop.. really they are so addictive. If you can get a bag of these you must buy them. Coming to this soup I, have used the unsalted ones.. made Homemade Almond Meal, easy and simple to make.

Serves 5
Ingredients 

1 Chicken Breast - cubed
6 Cup Chicken Stock   OR
6 Cups Water + 1 Big Chicken Stock Cube
4 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons Butter
3 Tablespoons Heaped 
Homemade Almond Meal 
½ Teaspoon Salt  or to taste
1 Cup Milk
½ Teaspoon Black or White Pepper Powder or to taste
Bread Croutons as required for serving
2 Tablespoons Fresh Cream for garnishing

Method
Melt butter in a pan, add chicken pieces till it turns pink to white. 
Then add flour with pepper , salt and almond meal, saute for 2  minutes, add stock, cook till chicken tender and soup thick, keep stirring , remove soup from the flame, add milk, sugar, salt, stir well and keep it again on medium low, cook for 5 minutes.  
Just before serving drizzle with cream.
Enjoy this soup with bread croutons.

Labels : Almond, Almond Meal, Chicken, Soup, Soup Swappers, Healthy, Main course, Appetizer


Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe

Happy Home-maker and culinary enthusiast.

6 comments:

  1. You certainly did challenge me this month! Your bowl of creamy chicken soup looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely Sneha. Thanks for hosting and choosing this theme. I never would have made an almond soup otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious! Thanks for the great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your website in Ie, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer,
    it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give
    you a quick heads up! Other then that, amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks beautifully creamy! Thanks for hosting this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work
    and exposure! Keep up the very good works guys I've added you
    guys to my personal blogroll.

    ReplyDelete