Eggless Chocolate Apple Upside Down Cake (Healthy & Vegan)

I have prepared an Apple Upside Down cake many times with egg.  So this time I just thought of an Eggless cake with a difference so this is the change I made by adding cocoa powder.  I just tired this out and it turned beautiful.  This recipe is a keeper.  My friends just enjoyed this cake and whatever I had taken for them was just not enough.  This is a lovely spongy and soft cake.

I would like to specifically mentioned do not use a spring form tin for this cake, because the first time I made an Apple Upside Down Cake I used this tin.  As the sugar starts to melt is seeps down and this how the oven caught fire .  Thank God I was near the oven at that time.  A fire averted in the house.  

Ingredients
For the Apple layer

2 Apples peeled, cored and sliced
1/4 cup demerara brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
¼ tsp nutmeg powder
1.1/2 Tablespoon oil
few drops of lemon juice



For the Cake batter 
1.1/2 Cup All purpose flour
1/4 Cup Dark Cocoa powder
1 Teaspoon Baking powder
1 Teaspoon Baking soda
1 Cup Water Lightly warm ( or a tablespoon or two more)
1/2 Cup Vegetable oil
3/4 Cup Caster Sugar 
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla powder



Method
Grease a round cake tin ( Do not use a springform tin for an Upside Down Cake) .  Arrange the apple slices neatly on the base of the pan in single or double layer. Sprinkle all the ingredients mentioned for apple layer. Keep the pan aside.


Sieve all the dry ingredients.   In a bowl add the water oil and jaggery mix well, then add the dry ingredients mix well so that no lumps are formed. Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan layered with the apple slices.  Bake at 180 degrees in a pre-heated oven  for about 55 minutes.


Serve this cake with tea or coffee or as an after meal dessert with vanilla ice cream.   H had it next day with vanilla ice cream and enjoyed it.
Try this cake and give your comments.

Labels: Apple, Cakes, Chocolate, Eggless, Vegan, Healthy, Upside Down Cake 
Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe

Happy Home-maker and culinary enthusiast.

1 comment:

  1. IT WAS ACTUALLY A VERY YUMMY CAKE... I WILL TRY SOON...

    ReplyDelete